For about 3 to 4 weeks now I have had copper nose bream floating up. Sometimes over days at a time there will be 5 to 10 a day. Most of the time you can tell they had been dead for a while. I thought this kill was done with as it's been a week or so since any floated and then again 5 or so bream will float up, some fresher than others. The start of the deaths coincide with a few things that occurred. I added 3 pounds of fat head minnows, we had two days in a short period where we had the most rain I have ever seen, 11 inches in a day then another 6 inches just two days later. On both occasions my pond overflowed and the ditch behind the house overflowed, water was flowing from pond to ditch. During this period a couple of what I think were Asian carp swam near the pond, one went into the pond and one went into the flooded field. The pond got extremely cloudy after the second heavy rain, not sure why because no silty water washed into the pond that I could see, it looked very clear. I did add 4 Drums of ESS13 on Dec 31 last year, had a pretty good fish kill then too. Just trying to figure out what the most likely cause might be. Any ideas at all.

Last edited by DonC347; 07/08/14 07:27 PM.