Hello all, 1st post here.

I have been using the commonly seen "lake rake" with some success. Just a 3 foot aluminum landscape rake attatched to a rope. I cast it, let it sink and since I have a muddy bottomed pond, the weeds come right out with ease. The problem is my pond is approx 300 ft across in some areas so I cannot cast to the middle. One of my neighbors who I share the pond with suggested we tow it out with a paddle boat to the middle and drop it. Good idea only that it will take forever doing this with a 3 foot rake. This is where the new idea comes in.

I just returned from Home Depot where I bought
(3) 3' landscape rakes.
(1)9 foot piece of heavy duty aluminum "angle iron"
(1) 6 foot piece of heavy duty aluminum "angle iron"
(2) eye bolts
150 feet of climbers rope
And various stainless bolts and nuts

The plan is to fasten all 3 rakes side by side by bolting them through the face to the heavy duty angle iron and use the shorther piece at the end of the handles to stop them from moving side to side, strengthen the assembly and hold the eye bolts. Creating one large 9 foot version of the common lake rake.
Then we will drop that in the middle by boat and pull it to shore. Hopefully by hand but if it's too heavy we will use a 4-wheeler to tow.

Anyone here ever seen or heard of this idea? I will post pictures of the contraption and hopefully results this weekend.

Ben

Last edited by BDCANETTI; 06/26/14 03:14 PM.