Cecil,

are you catching your fry from your ponds or have you started doing something like this?

no, I have no filtration setup right now. To keep green water I am just siphoning off 10-20% water from the top of the aquarium to the green water tank then i pump green water back in.. I do this twice a day about 12 hours apart. This could result in fry being siphoned into the green water tank which for this run i am accepting as ok but not my long term plan.

I dont have a good strategy defined for tank cleaning. I have only vacuumed the tank once so far. I use an aquarium vacuum/siphon and i siphon to a 5 gallon bucket.. i fill it no more than 2gallons full and let it settle overnight
then i pour the water back into the tank to try to save any fry that may have been siphoned up

In my next go around i plan to remove all of the bottom substrate and the ornaments so the sediment can be vacuumed easier.

I have an idea of siphoning through a ceramic air stone in the future. I have an extra and i think i can use it to help do water changes without fry escaping. That doesnt help me with tank cleanup though.

These guys are so small i dont think a sock or many filters that i could put on a pump that are fine enough to keep from removing fry. Some of the algae particles are bigger than the fish

Last edited by bcotton; 06/17/14 10:11 PM.