Originally Posted By: RC51
I started my bacteria treatments about the same time as I started air in my pond. So I can't sit here and tell you 100 percent that I would have lost as much muck as I have if I was only using air? Cause I wasn't.

Wouldn't that be great to know? (great report by the way!)

I've considered adding beneficial bacteria since adding air shortly after I moved in (3-2012) but haven't bitten the bullet due to the unknown. And as I agree that aeration will (or may) reduce or eliminate "muck" over time, it's hard to imagine being able to compare one pond to the next due to so many variables, i.e., age of pond, habitat, wind/wave action, annual introduction of additional "muck" (leaves), etc.

The first 3-5' out from my shorelines seem to be just as mucky (and stinky) as they were 2 years ago, but that's not to say a little further out where the BOW may be more actively "turning" that I haven't lost some and it's improving. The next time I'm out in the boat I'll bring along a "prod" to see if it's improved.

But, RC51 how encouraging that has to be for you to hit solid rock where your oar was (before) hitting thick muck!

So, maybe I'm at a good point of going on year 3 to add bacteria and see what kind of change (if any) occurs over the NEXT 2 years?

(RC51, PM sent)

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES