sunil...we go by the "smiths" to hide our real last name \:\)

theo..... \:D

ewest, the day before we had a really violent storm with lots of wind, thunder, lightning, and hail. the white stuff is leftover hail

bruce, \:D and thanks for the compliment, I suppose I'm lucky, but it sure feels like a lot of work \:\)

those rocks are part of a long northwest trending linear system created by the collision of an island arc (like Japan is today) with the continental crust about 60 million years ago. the particular rocks in the pic are slates (formerly ocean bottom sediments). the formation occurs adjacent to the famous "mother lode" system from where all the gold in CA is derived. the waterbody is Lake Amador.

the loveable doggie dentist is my brother's new english shepard..duke.

the feller in the back really is Santa, and yeah, my kid is a handsome young man....too bad he didnt get it from me.....must have been the postman :rolleyes: who also still has my pondboss......thanks MR LUSK.....not gonna look for it til June \:D

2007 will be a good year for our ponds Jeff...lets stay in touch on our schedules. so far i've measured a cumulative 10.4 inches of rain since 10/1/06......we should have at least 15 maybe 20 inches left for the wet season.

GSF are people too!