Got the shrimp order Wednesday after lunch. Put the order of 400 in the <.1 (.065) mini forage pond.

Had grand plans of placing a few numerous places around the bank, save a few and put just a little in the big pond. Tempered the bag for about five minutes in the water. Took the rubber band off, and promptly dropped the open end.

Oh well, really intended for all of them in the forage pond anyway.

Checked on them the first night and also tonight. Surprisingly, they are not that hard to find around the shoreline. I found a couple dozen. Hopefully more are deeper or I just missed a bunch. The ones I saw seem to be doing fine.

Saw one 3" RES cruising around shallow. There are a few dozen FHM and probably about 40 2-3" RES in this pond. Been feeding the FHM twice a day in hopes they chow down on the pellets and not the PK shrimp. We will see.

This pond is about a foot above the main pond at full pool and overflows into the big pond. So hopefully if the PK shrimp do well either I can trap some and move to big pond, or maybe even with larger rain events some will naturally spill over into the other pond and get them started there.

But, just like the plan for placement of the PK shrimp from the bag................. the grand plans of men and mice. We will see how it goes.

Last edited by snrub; 05/09/14 12:48 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine