Elvis was acting up today, so I get a call. This company names their machines...

Anyway, pack up and hit the road. Only a 60 mile drive, but on a good day, it's 1.5hrs. Today was 2. Problem is the touch screen wasn't working right, so I get there and hook up. Go online and had another guy poke the screen. Yep! nuttin happening here, so... I get my butt out of the chair, walk up to the screen, and with my right index finger, poked a button on the screen. Tap the guy on the shoulder who was doing the previous poking, and said, it supposed to work like this? Yep!, you try it now. Yep, works like it should! I didn't do a darn thing except touch it!!!

It really was not working tho, and the guy poking it was doing everything right. I mean, he's only got about 8 years of his life running this rig, but Elvis acts up from time to time. I show up, and he behaves himself, without doing anything at all except hook up. I was there, maybe 15 minutes. Unpack, setup, go online, find a bit, (actually an integer to the bit level) had them poke, then I poked, said good, packed up and hit the road.

I'm getting to the spooky part.

I use GPS to track miles and such.

I get to this facility and poke the touchscreen that I am there. The addressing in this area says I need to go to the end of the road, another 1/4 mile or so. Not the case.

Spent my short time inside. All is cool. Hit the road and poked the touchscreen on my Garmin to get eta and traffic info. Nothing happened! It was locked up! Soooo... I reboot. It comes back up, touch screen not working. So, reboot, and went thru this about a dozen or so times on the way back. Still no-go, touchscreen was not working, at all! This has never happened!!!

Talked to my boss on the way back and said I know where Elvis jumped to, he's in my GPS laugh

Thinking silly, I always use my left thumb or a left finger to poke the screen. Never a problem at all for the years I've had it. It's just convenient. During the last reboot, maybe 6 or so miles from home, I said to myself, right index finger this time, so when it came up, I extended that finger out and poked the screen. Never did that before, but all the bells and whistles started to work!

Getting to the drawbridge in GH, I whipped out the Magic finger and blew on it, because it was smokin! laugh