The official rainfall total last week was 1.6".. on Monday. Water is still flowing in slowly. But, how do you put appx 5' of water in there in a week? You can see the similar picture from a week ago up a few posts. Just amazing.

Since my dam builder refused to put on a trash rack, I built my own. Those are 6' Tposts sunk 3' in. I set them all so their top is 1" over the top of the pipe, in an arc 24" out from the inlet. Put mesh from 12" below full pool up to the top. There is more area below the mesh than pipe area, plus the sides are open for now. Even if mesh is totally clogged, water can still get out. I added the nylon rope for strength if there's a lot of thrust from water flow. May put in wire mesh later, but that's what I had on hand.

Planning another road trip to Jones Fish early Saturday morning. At their door when they open, get my shiners and fatheads, and drive while it's cool.

My builder says he wants 50% of the original dam price for the repair. Talked to two other contractors- both say the dam failure was not caused by my pallet that ended up in the breach. One suggested giving my builder 10% of what he asked and the other suggested 40%, just to be honorable and get him off my back.

Oh, and I dropped by Sprkplug's and enjoyed meeting him and seeing his lovely ponds. My first PB'er face-to-face. smile