Well my LMB are post spawn for sure, so this year is over for trying to spawn LMB in Extratopia but that is okay because I am using it to grow CNBG and Tilapia for the big pond. I went by on Thursday and I was excited to see thousands of tadpoles in Extratopia. The CNBG and Tilapia are eating from the feeder and the water chemistry looks great. I added some salt and I'll add some aglime in a few weeks but for now Extratopia looks great.

As you can see after the Alum treatment, Extratopia looks great. Here is another view.

Extratopia is so clean and getting green that I have decided to treat both the other two topias down to clean water. I have the Alum to treat and I am going to get some help from a friend and we are going to get the other two topias looking as good. I will keep records of the fish production and see what difference if any I get out of the cleaner waters.

On a side note: In the area where we cleaned up the shoreline, I have a lot of FA and I am very happy with it being there because I have seen so many little guys in there that have a chance to grow up before being eaten. The explosion of life this year is very encouraging!!

All in all, the Topias and the cleaned up area seem to be doing great so far this year. I now have my solar panels and charge controllers, so I am working hard to install TP&L in two locations and use the old system to water the grass on the hill.

It should be a busy summer for sure.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%