Hey Bill,
The plan is/was to create a nice weekend and vacation place that we could ultimately retire to. I laid the foundation of the structure to one side of the building pad and set all the utilities in such a way as to allow expansion, whether it be an addition to the existing structure that we are working on right now, or another separate building. Right now, I would be thrilled to have this current project done and behind me. I am way beyond burnt out.
-
The fish...
The last fishing lines into the pond (that I know of) were last summer when a good friend came down to charge my A/C system. He also enjoys fishing. We stood on the covered dock and every third or fourth cast hooked a SMB. They were between 15" and 17" long and looked healthy. Whenever one was being reeled in, you could see another half dozen swarming around it and following it all the way to the edge of the dock. Crazy. Worms on a bobber got the same result. We caught no YP, but considering the activity of the SMB in the area, I wonder if the YP were staying clear. Our water clarity is pretty good; estimate 4 - 5 feet. Last weekend, as I stood at the picture windows (inside, upstairs) I could plainly see 8 or 10 sizeable SMB sunning themselves in the shallower water near shore (in the sunlight) down by the covered dock. Four weeks ago, when I was walking the shore perimeter looking for new muskrat activity, I did see 4 or 5 substantial strings of YP eggs in the shallows. Past all that, though, I don't have much more to report.