Got a break in the weather and was able to run some tests.

I did as you suggested. I hooked the single disc Vertex diffuser straight to the 5/8" coming out of my compressor. Immediately psi went up to 10. I then tried the other Vertex disc and same thing, 10psi. That is 5/8" line that is running 10', dry.

I then split the line and ran to both diffusers and it dropped to 5psi.

I hooked up a new manifold I made from pvc down by the pond to get rid of the inline valves. Now I have 1.25" going 300ft to the pond downsizing to 3/4" pvc manifold with 3 ball valves so I can have a relief line if needed.

This goes down to 3/8" sinking line to 1 diffuser at about 9' and 1 at about 5' depth. (I lowered the pond about 3' to keep the Fluridone in and give me room with rain to keep the water from reaching the overflow for some time.)

I have the Vertex diffuser in the deep and the old ring diffuser in the shallow.

I am now reading 5.5 psi at the pump with the valve part way shut to the shallow water diffuser.

This seems to indicate to me I need to relieve pressure from just running 1 Vertex.

I am hoping to get in touch with Ted Lea at some point but he has been sick so I don't want to bother him unnecessarily.

Appreciate the help as always and am enjoying learning from everyone's input here.

I want to run both at this point anyhow to speed up the recovery process of my pond.