My rain guage in the metroplex shows 2.6 inches with some more coming. I called a rural neighbor yesterday afternoon and was told that we had gotten 1.5 inches there. It has fallen slowly and will help the fire situation. The forecast is for this to end tomorrow morning and possibly more rain coming Thursday. The neighbor will call if we get a serious rain that will get our ponds the runoff they need. As badly as I want a frog strangler, it needs to be preceeded by a couple of days of slow soaking rain. Otherwise, it will wash the country away.

However, it won't deliver the runoff we need for water impounding. Nor will it last long. The trees are budding, grass is greening and will quickly suck up any ground water. A cold front is coming that will cut down on evaporation. Like AHVASTA said in a previous post, he could stand 3 inches and still get no runoff.

I don't want to sound negative or unthankful. Most of the fires are grass fires. The state is loaded with open range with dead grass. In that respect, this is huge. The TV says that this has extinguished the grass fires in the Panhandle. We will have to get a couple of inches per week for the next couple of months to make a dent in our drought. This allows the National Forest Service firefighters and local Departments a welcome respite.

More prayers will be appreciated.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP