I came home Tuesday to find I had very little pressure coming from my well (I knew nothing about wells), which feeds two hydrants and the house with NO pressure tank. The pressure finally diminished to nothing so on to the internet I went.

I first checked the pressure switch which was under the well-cap along with the wiring that goes to the well-pump. If you look closely, you can see where the left set of contacts are laying sideways.

I was able to correct them to get the pump working again until I could replace the pressure switch yesterday morning.

Turning the power back on I could hear the pump working to build up pressure. Then problem number two arrived. (sorry for the fuzzy photo)

The blue coiled tubing apparently attaches to the pump at the bottom (or maybe a pitless connector?) and the pressure switch at the top. This is what triggers the switch if/when the pressure drops. The problem is that the tubing is full of pinholes, top to bottom! Causing my pump to cycle way more than it should (explains the high electric bill!).

Out of all my internet research in the past two days, I've not seen this type of tubing used. It seems most people are using schedule 40 or 80 PVC. And I'm guessing the well is less than 60' deep, but that's just a guess at this point.

I need to replace the tubing (likely with schedule 40 or 80 pvc) so the pump needs to come out. I'm sure there's a pitless connector to feed the house, but what about the two hydrants? Could there be 3 pitless connectors? So far I've been unable to see down far enough to see even one pitless connector and I don't want to start on this until I know for sure what I'm doing.

The fact I have no pressure tank has made this harder to research on the internet. Does anyone have any knowledge of what I might have here and suggestions on removing the pump?

Questions:
Could there be 3 pitless connectors?
Would the tubing be connected directly to the pump, with another line from the pump feeding the pitless connector(s)?
Suggestions and/or advice on removing the pump?

Sorry for the long story but if you need more info just let me know, and thanks in advance for any help! I need to fix this ASAP before I burn out the pump.

PS - And the downside is I leave for Sioux City, IA at 1pm tomorrow for a weekend pool tournament so checking back will be sporadic.

Thanks again!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES