Hey everybody.

I've noticed that the sink hole on my dam is slowly getting deeper and larger. Enough to where I can notice it over the past month.

It doesn't give me the warm and fuzzy feelings. I don't know what to do.

The previous owner paid the neighbor down the street (excavator) to dig down and repack the dirt a few years back. I've learned that much. But it looks like the problem is back.

Obviously there must be a pipe leak since the sink hole is back.

The State doesn't seem to want to be of any help, other than telling me that I need a PE to sign and approve any design before they will even consider it, to let me change or fix anything.

The final option, is drain the pond and be done with the anxiety. I'm not a fan of this option, the pond is pretty, it's nice to watch the wild life, but it's not worth the anxiety either.

I really don't know what to do. I'll probably call the local county guy and tell him what I think is going on. I haven't spoke with him yet. He will either help me, or it will open a can of worms and the state will want everything fixed immediately.

Well, I'm not spending a ton of money on the pond, I just can't afford it.

I'm pretty stressed and pretty disappointed...

If anyone has any suggestions (especially if you are from Ohio) I would appreciate it.