Speaking of purchasing tilapia up north, can someone help me locate and purchase some for my Michigan pond? I don't need adults/brooders, I just want to see how much they will grow and how much FA they will eat. I understand they will die in the fall. I don't have other predators and soon they will share the pond with minnows and other forage types. I'm assuming I'll source blue tilapia but I'm not that fussy. Looking to buy local but I'm thinking if logistics and cost make it too complicated that I may just have them shipped in as 1-2" size fish to keep cost down.

I'm thinking at the 1-2" size that 50-100 is all I'll spring for the first time around.

Other michigan pond owners who have tilapia care to comment? I think brian was trying to overwinter his in his garage/basement..how did that go?

haven't checked my water temp but we had 2 nice 70 degree days that I ran my aerator in the afternoon, but then daytime in the 50s for this week and overnight around 35F. Probably a bit cool in the pond yet.

For tilapia is it surface temp of 55 that is important or do they need fairly uniform 55 top to bottom? My aerator can help mix to some degree..