The biologist is correct that the active chlorine concentrations (acutely toxic form) are decreased fairly rapidly. The chorine does dissipate but the dissipation process involves it becoming "reformulated" or absorbed/bound to create other stable chemicals that I mentioned above. Your biologist advisor should be advised to study up on the recently discovered (last 15-20 yrs) affects of the behavior of free radicals/ions of chlorine when introduced into the aquatic environment. The older text of Fish Hatchery Management (Dept of Interior, US Fish & Wildlife Service)does mention the use of chlorine as a bacterial disinfectant and wild fish control. This is old, outdated technology. I am pretty sure that the current US Fish & Wildlife guidelines have now changed due to EPA mandates.

Forage fish can be stocked now or in spring. Very little fish growth will occur between now and spring. I advise spring as a better time for restocking because remember that the chlorine application "nuked" the pond and severly reduced numbers of all forms of small and large food items for the fish. The absence of these tiny fish food items is partly why your pond water is now clear. Fish, even forage fish, need lots of appropriate sized food items for normal health and growth. A later stocking would allow more time for the repopulation of these natural fish food items. Recolonization of bacteria and microinvertebrates may take a couple months until the biological community (ecosystem) begins on the path to "normal standards".

Keep in mind that all fish in this pond, depending on their position in the food chain, will accumulate available trihalomehanes as deposits in their body. The bad part of the trihalomethnes is the darn things keep recycling in the ecosystem that contains them. They do not dissipate like the chlorine does.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management