I was told that if a private pond does not have a permanent inflow or outflow, then no stocking permit was needed. If a private pond DID have a permanent inflow or outflow, then the pond owner had to apply AND receive a stocking permit before any fish could be stocked.

So I guess us fish guys also have to be the police and ask to see the stocking permit before stocking the fish?

There's a HUGE difference between aquaculture rules and pond stocking rules. Aquaculture rules are much stricter.

I talked to a person who's boss is Dr. Barr. They kept trying to tell me that I needed to have my facilities here inspected. It finally took me asking her. O.K. So when will a person be available to inspect my facility? When she asked for the address and found out that it was in Indiana (like I was trying to tell her for the previous 1/2 hr) she said no inspection was needed because I was out of state. I swear, it was like talking to a brick wall.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).