Have lurked on this site for some time and appreciate all the good information available. I have had ponds for several years and have Mr. Lusk's Basic Pond Management to thank for the enjoyment I have had in managing them to this point. I am in the process of using the information gathered on this site to clear a muddy pond in SE Missouri. Pond is 4 years old, supports a nice population of channel cat and hybrid bluegill, but has never cleared. Letting water sit undisturbed does not result in clearing, so I do not suspect the catfish or runoff problems to be involved. Adding a half tablespoon of of gypsum to a gallon jug of the water sample works great. Noticable improvement occurred within a couple hours and within 12 hours the water was clear. The pond covers approximately 1 surface acre with a maximum depth of about 15'. What I need to know is how much total gypsum to buy and disburse. I found links to articles giving recommendations based on adding gypsum in a slurry to the water sample, but I just added the powdered gypsum directly to my one gallon jar. Can someone provide information on how much gypsum would be needed for my pond based on its size and the half tablespoon per gallon yielding good results?

Thank you.

2ac, 1ac, .5ac, .3ac,