smile Reminds me of a time our scuba diving club held an event at a regional lake. One of the activities was a night dive/snorkel (could do either one) for a crawdad "hunt". Gave out prizes for largest, most, etc crawdads. My oldest son might have been 9 or 10 years old and he and I snorkeled and caught crawdads together. The guys on Scuba pretty well took the "biggest" category as the larger ones were down a little deeper. Son and I mostly floated on the top of the water close to the shore with our lights and picked up tons of small ones. Dove down a few feet if we saw one. We did pretty good on the numbers part as the smaller ones were pretty thick up in the shallows of this cove we were in. He has always remembered that night fondly and comments on it once in a while.

Then after the awards were calculated the bugs went into a pot of boiling water with some "crab boil" seasoning and we had a feast. I'm not much of a seafood eater so the taste did not impress me that much but my wife loves lobster and she thought the fresh crawdads tasted pretty close. She consumed my share.

Good times. grin

Last edited by snrub; 04/10/14 11:05 AM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine