Eric,

As always, I learn. George is a great teacher and has so much knowledge that at times I am too many steps behind. You both talk about genetics from past experiences and I value that input. My concern was that I don't really know what I am doing so if I screw this up this year, so be it, but now I see that I really need to prepare for next year as I am already too late for this year. I think I may try to get some fingerlings from a trusted source and raise them this year in preparation for next years spawn. I have enough forage in there now to grow a good base for any fingerlings I may get and by next year, I should really have a good bottom up food chain in Extratopia to try my hand at raising some really nice fish.

On the loading front, I believe I have that covered. TP&L is coming along nicely, I should have 12 and 24 Volt DC and 120 volt AC power available at the Topias within a month. I have been collecting the parts to "fly" 900 watts of solar power out there and I should have enough storage to do just about anything I want electrically. I have a set of bottom diffusers that I am going to place in the Topias and I am looking for small (1/5 or 1/6 HP) surface aerators to add to them as well. My 1/2HP worked so well that I only had to run it a few hours a day, but what I really want is a smaller setup that I can run 24/7. Yes I could run the 1/2 HP stuff 24/7, but that would be a big waist of power and three of them plus the bottom system might tax the system if I have several cloudy days is a row.

Getting a good bump on genetics now is a worthy endeavor. I'll learn what I can this year to be better prepared for next year. But this is a bitter pill indeed.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%