All:

Been getting several requests to perform another Grass Shrimp group order so I've reached out to Fattig to see if our original agreement is in place when Dale was still with us. I'll report whatever information I learn when they return my call.

If you are interested in a shrimp order here's the old arrangement:

Shrimp cost: $.25/ea
Shipping: Flat $35 next day anywhere in the US
Guarantee: We had a couple orders that sat at the front door for several hours in the heat and Dale was always good about refunding the order or sending replacements. I'll look into their current policy and report changes if any.

Shrimp require submerged aquatic vegetation to escape predation in ponds with current fish populations. For ponds with existing fish populations I would recommend higher stocking qtys - I personally went with 1,000/ac and was successful. Not sure how few one could get away with, just sharing my experience and I didn't want to blow the investment by stocking snacks. I now have a population that's self sustaining over the past 5 years.

For ponds without risk of predation I would recommend lower rates - maybe 100-250/ac.

If you are interested feel free to reach out via email please:
tj@hudlandmgmt.com

TJ

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]