Last year in the fall I might get a dozen or so minnows at a time. Lots of minnows around, just did not go in well. This year I have had the trap literally half full of minnows when I pull it out of the water after only about an hour. I don't know how they all got in there and still swim around.

I just put some floating feed and let it float up to top. I can see FHM cover the top of the trap where they are eating it on the outside. Have no idea what I did right this spring that I could not do right last fall. Plenty of minnows both times.

I just throw it out in about a foot of water. Have not even been worrying about which way it is oriented. Now I will say I put the trap on the other side of the pond a couple days ago and did not get too many in it. Just now thought of that. Brought it back over near my dock and it filled a third full in half an hour. Come to think of it, I had it on the other side of the pond last fall and never tried it where I am having good success now. Hmmmmmmm........... doesn't seem like that should make any difference as the minnows travel all the way around the pond as I see them when feeding.

Might try another location???? Don't know if it will help but worth a try.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine