Originally Posted By: lassig
I call them dinner

Wait till you see the females that will come out of my pond this week and the big male gills. There should be lots of 14's (Yellow perch females) as I just caught one off the pier to check on them. Really bursting with eggs all of a sudden. I have lots of free labor coming out to catch them and a list of taxidermists that are ready to buy them. The help will even measure, weigh, and catalog for me just to have the chance to catch big gills and yellow perch. Imagine that! grin

I had to use redworms today as the floating minnow bucket I tied to a pier on one of the back ponds is missing. Must have sunk for some reason? Can't imagine it was stolen as it's never been an issue here. It's not under the pier. My neighbors don't even fish.

Anyway, first two fish were brute bluegills at in the neighborhood of a pound and a half give or take. Didn't bring a bucket or the camera. Was just going to catch a perch or two to check on egg development, as I prefer to sell them when they are at full development. So I released them instead of freezing them up.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 04/07/14 03:52 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.