Well the Tilapia arrived on friday and we got busy. First off, a Big Thank You to Allen for driving!! And a Really Big Thank You to Todd for growing such nice looking Tilapia yet again!! Overton's just does it right year after year.

The other good news this year was I had some help!! I had one of my nephews helping me so setting up the blocking net was a lot easier this year. We went with a triangle shape as it gave us more deep water for the Tilapia. The water temps was 64.3 degrees so I was not worried about the Tilapia, but I did want to give them a little deeper water in the big pond just in case.

For the big pond, it was easy, we floated the fish bags for about four minutes to start the temperature equalization. We then allowed the bags to fill partially with pond water to let the Tilapia get adjusted to the pond's water then we set them free in the netted area.

After an overnight soak to habituate the Tilapia, we set them free!!

For Georgetopia, things went about the same, but since there are no predators, no net was required. After the Tilapia got use to the pond water, we set them free and gave them some food.

As you can see, there is a little FA available in Georgetopia, but I expect them to feed on the aquamax most of the time.

Georgetopia got ten pounds of Tilapia. Moretopia and Extratopia both got five pounds of Tilapia, which is what I put in Georgetopia last year.

Moretopia went the same as Georgetopia. Extratopia was a little different as we treated that pond to reduce the turbidity and it showed. Extratopia was a lot cleaner and the Tilapia swam away sooner than in the other three ponds. But as soon as we tossed in some food, they came up for it.

On a side note: I really like the colorization of Extratpoia after we treated it. That pond is greening up nicely now that the temperature is rising. I have added a pound or so of fertilizer and it shows. We also added some hand selected CNBG from the big pond to start a nice forage base in anticipation of adding a few select LMB to Extratopia for brooding purposes. This should be an educational year to say the least.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%