snrub:

You're on the right track. With the equipment and knowledge that you have, you can pretty easily fix any whups that you might run across. That's the way we learn, is by trying different things.

Everybody's ponds are different too. Cecil only has a narrow dam between 2 ponds where a burrowing cray might cause a problem, others like myself have sandy soil, dug ponds with no dam, so burrowing wouldn't cause any more problems than there already are.

Habitat for the crayfish makes a HUGE difference in whether they survive or not. For example, I use my pond as a test bed. It's a LONG ways to any other waterway. I stocked a couple hundred Rusty's in my pond a year before I renovated it. Without places to hide, the LMB and CC ate every one - 0 crayfish were found in the pond during renovations. I had WEM and Spatterdock in my pond before the renovations, and I didn't care if the Rustys ate all the plants. They were eaten before they could!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).