Well I got to get out to the farm late last week and we fixed Moretopia. The skill of the equipment operator was fun to watch. That thing never stopped moving.

Moretopia now has an eight inch drain pipe and is now six feet deep. That should be idea for my eight foot tall seine net!!

The plan for Extratopia this year is to try to spawn the best LMB from our big pond in a closed environment. To that end, Allen and I Alumed Extratopia. Here is a before look.

And on the sechi disk, it look like this before the treatment.

That is about three inches of visibility.

Here is Allen's great idea for mixing the alum and Hydrated lime. He set up an old trough with a few directed holes in it to chanel the water to one end. That end is weighted to keep the intake well below the waterline. Pouring the alum or Hydrated lime into the shallower end allowed it to mix with the water before being pumped through the system and back to the pond.

After we cleaned up the system, we took a look at the water and noticed an improvement. The visibility was now over 12 inches and still clearing.

In fact by the next morning, the visibility was around 24 inches and the temp was closing in on 60 degrees. I added some fertilizer to promote the phytoplankton as this week should see rising temperatures.

The plan for the Topias this year are as follows. First off, I am going to add bottom aeration to all three Topias to see how that works for us.

TP&L is getting a major upgrade. I am going 24Volts and I am going to use a nicer charge controller and solar tracker. I should be making a lot more power which will allow me to try a few different ideas.

Gerogetopia will remain my CNBG pond. Extratopia will be for LMB spawning. I am planning on catching the three nicest Female LMB we can from our big pond and also using three FLA LMB males to see how we do. Moretopia will be for extra CNBG production or if I need to "try" something else this summer.

I could not have done it this year without a lot of help, so to all who have helped, Thank you so very much, this is so much fun and a great learning experience!!

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%