I desire simplicity...I will likely never read the manual and will never use additional features. I want a camera that can zoom to a 4" Goldfinch on a thistle tube feeder 70' out. Simpler the better...just want clear and detailed photos.

I prefer light weight and mobility - not because I'll be walking a lot with it, just prefer those merits. I likely see this sitting by the sliding glass window on the kitchen counter looking out on my backyard so I can take shots of birds on the feeders or drinking on the birdbath. I will use my IPhone for all fishing photos like I currently do, but taking a few high quality shots of sunsets with this camera might be nice sometime, too.

So, simple and easy, lightweight and mobile and ability to take great photos from a distance - which I suppose is a function of the lens. So, I'll need lens suggestions too please.

Price - I'd like to stay below $1000 for a camera I'll only use a few times monthly on birds. Let me know your thoughts and thank you for the feedback thus far!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]