Scott, you're right about the whining/bitching about the snow.

Yesterday, I left the house about 7 to attend a meeting 15 miles away. It was snowing with about 20 mph winds. It was a light, fluffy snow and was blowing off the roads so I figured no sweat. However, the warm roads melted the snow, the cars drove over it and the new snow created some icy conditions. My LWB pickup couldn't get traction when I stopped at intersections. I turned around about half way there and headed home. It I got back home about 9:15 and dang near wet my pants due to my morning coffee addiction.

Cars were doing OK but pickups with no weight were in trouble. This happens once, maybe twice per year so I'm not going to get 500 pounds of weight to put in and take out. Our large cities all have high over passes downtown. They get impassable when winter conditions hit.

Since about 30 to 40 percent of the vehicles here are pickups, what we consider foul weather is a real show stopper.

1. I don't know how to drive on ice.
2. Nobody else here does either.
3. I don't want to have to learn.
4. I don't want to have to buy snow tires or chains.
5. Snow tires and chains would be useless unless everybody bought and installed them. They would generally have to be removed the next day.
6. I don't remember how to drive when it rains.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP