Fishing a private pond I've been trying to access for 20 years last weekend with a buddy. Few weeks ago a 19" Black Crappie was caught there [saw video on local news] and would have likely broken the current NE State Record. Suffice it to say, I was pretty excited to finally get permission to fish this 40 AC NRD lake!

We fished hard and moved frequently and posted lots of dink BG and some nice LMB, but not any crappie worth mentioning. As we were about to leave my buddy was on with something big. Once we identified it as a Crappie and not LMB we were very careful to land...she went 18.25". I'd like to add I had two lively minnow/Thill rigs and a Slender Spoon jigging and tipped with a small fathead not more than 8 feet away. That's notable considering his fish was taken on a teardrop and half a mushy waxie that had been sitting for probably 30 minutes motionless. Oh well, I was pumped for him regardless. My turn will come someday!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]