Fish-n-chips, I am not familiar with how much production trout should yield, but that sounds pretty good to me. Were you satisfied with the results? Going to stock trout again?

On another thought, I know a lot of guys on here are also big time fishermen. But as far as harvesting fish for table fare from a private pond, I guess there would be numerous other options. When the time comes, I may experiment some with alternative methods, in case I don't catch the fishing bug bad enough.

What I have caught so far to put in my other pond and just to check some sizes of growth, it was pretty fun. But all I had to do was put a worm or a piece of table corn on a small hook and before it hit the bottom, there was a BG on.

I may be one of those that likes catching fish, but when they are not biting not having the patience to wait them out. So I think with me, it will depend on the fishes desire to be on a hook. If they got the desire, I'll probably harvest that way. If they are a little choosy, alternative methods may be exercised.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine