Snrub, that is a good reference ewest put together. He referred me to that one awhile back and there was another thread in his referals. It is included in a question I brought up and is located HERE.

Anyway, JB brings up good points and like you I like the planning and doing probably more than the end result. I have been surprised many times along the way by things that happened by chance, and I have been really glad these unexpected situations occurred. It lets me learn and experience even more stuff.

I think your original post above is a fair gauge of what most new pond owners feel. There is just so much to know and learn. Any book or guidelines that one may follow can never take into account all the variables that nature can throw at you. You can learn from them, but you have to apply what fits to your needs. Much like EVERY SINGLE thread here on the forum. So much to learn from each one(well, almost every one wink ), it may not apply to your situation right now, but down the road it may. But the forum is great, because you can give detailed descriptions of your very specific situation and the pros here can help you out. You can't get that in a book!!!