Originally Posted By: fishm_n
I worked with pumps and float systems all the time when i was underground.

Our de-watering system was cascade style coming up form 5000 feet below the surface, I forget how far below sea level we were there.

Some sumps would pump down 4 foot before shutting off and others we would only pump down a foot and a half.

How much drop are you planning haveing to start your pump??

The floats worked great but the water was...?? Hard. for lack of a better work. and growths and erosion and rust, such would give us troubles.

The in ground lined pit will only be about 3 feet deep. 3 X 8 X 16. I'm thinking the pump should kick on somewhere close to the bottom and kick off somewhere near the top. My water is very hard at about 550 ppm. I have to remove scaling from my stainless steel heaters every 6 months in the recirculating aquaculture tank.

The idea is to have it kick on only about once every 24 hours to keep wear and tear down on the well pump. This is based on the volume of the tank and a flow of about 2 gpm.

Another option is a timer and I see Lowes sells a timer that is rated for 220 which is the well voltage.

Weighing out all the options and will hire a professional to do it right.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/03/14 09:53 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.