Zachary, welcome to the forum. You have a very interesting situation there.
Where in Pennsylvania are you? I grew up in se near Boyertown, way back in the 50s and 60s. We had a small creek, the Ironstone, that was a short walk from our small farm, so guess where I was all summer and most other times, too?
I remember carrying out a little bucket biology as a kid. I had a particular hole in the creek that was dear to me, so I once stocked it with a half dozen RBT and BT. They hung around for quite some time until one of the locals got word of them, caught them all, took them home to show them off to his family, then tossed them in the trash as he didn't like to eat fish. My first contact with a fish slob.
One other time I brought 6 or 8 SMB that I had caught from a creek downstream from the Ironstone. There were no SMB in the Ironstone for the 5 years before this. Those SMB that I released spawned and got a decent population going. We had very good smallmouth fishing up and down the creek after that. The pumpkinseed and the redbreasted sunfish increased in average size; the weedy creek chubs and fallfish were not nearly as much a problem after that. Why SMB didn't simply swim the 10 or so miles up to that part of the Ironstone from the larger downstream source always puzzled me. There were no dams or anything else to stop them from doing so.
It's been more that 40 years since I walked the banks of that stream. I often wonder what the fishery is doing now.
Good luck with your little creek. Please keep us posted.