Well I got back to the farm after the big freeze and what a shock. The rains, ice and sleet brought up the water level by over 6 inches in the big pond making the pool there the highest it has ever been. With all that water, I found this waiting for me in the Topia area.

I call it Pantopia. Georgetopia and Moretopia merged. Extratopia was still separated, but not by much. I also see that the overflow for extratopia is about a foot and a half below the inflow level from Moretopia, so that is good to learn as well.

Here is a different look.

After several hours of pumping, Georgetopia and Moretopia were separated. I now know that syphon pipes are in the future for the Topias. Also, Texas hunter feeders don't float. I fear I'll have some cleanup to tend to later this month.

The solar heater did work, but not well enough. I fear that the icy weather most likely took out the Tilapia. I'll know more when I get back out to the farm and pull the seine net through Georgetopia. I did not have time to work a net as I got the opportunity to try out my new skinning knife unexpectedly!!

Turns out Otters are easier than Beavers to skin.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%