Finally back from my hunting trip to PA.

Anyways, I didn't see any hogs and haven't gotten any on game camera in over 2 weeks. They just disappeared into thin air. A farmer down in the valley we are friends with said one was hit on the road in front of the local church the day before the opener for rifle season and showed me a photo of it. It was probably 180-200 pounds with some nasty cutters on it. I would have loved to made him into a shoulder mount had I killed him.

As far as mountain lions in the east. Hmmm... Well, with the 1000's of game cameras that are in the woods these days, no one ever gets one on camera. I find that amazing if they really exist. No hunter has shot one either... None have been killed on the roads either. Except for one mountain lion killed on a road in CT. Turns out that was a young male cat(they are known to disperse long distances) who passed through Wisconsin where he was caught on came camera and left poop behind. They did genetic testing on the dead cat in CT and determined he was the same cat photographed in Wisc. The genetic testing showed he was a Black Hills mountain lion, the furthest east naturally reproducing population other that those down in FL.

My opinion, if there are mountain lions in the east, they are escaped pets. I think people see things that may look like a mountain lion but aren't. Just my opinion, some day I may be proven wrong.