Yes I had the pressure tank on my indoor trout setup but I was also pumping well water into the system off the house water well which also had its own pressure tank. The well tank as mentioned above is 81gallons (total tank size). On my system with the only water going to the fish tank (1gpm) and no where else in the house the well pump would run for 2 minutes and 40 seconds and then the tank would drain down for just over 24 minutes before the pump kicked back in again. After doing the math this would equal out to the pump running 2.4hrs in the 24hr period.

Now my small 1/2hp jet pump only had a 10 gallon tank and the pump would run aprox 1.25mins and drain down the tank for almost 3 minutes before kicking back in. My hopes for my system would be to run a tank similar to my well tank for possibly two of them in series for my re-circulation system. The re-circ system worked so well this year my hopes are to bump the GPM up even more to give more water swirl in the tank and a higher volume of water going thru my degasser setup.