If the two diffusers are at equa-distance in the deepest water of the pond I would use neither one in their present position and depth. Either bring one up close to shore in only about three or four feet of water, or run anorher airline and diffuser into three or four feet of water to your compressor. I've also heard of suspending a diffuser a few feet below the surface.

Personally i actually not only run a separate airline and diffuser to shallow water, I change out my 4 cfm compressor to a smaller 0.8 cfm compressor.

What you are trying to prevent is super chilling your entire water column but stll leave some water open to allow light in for photosynthesis that produces oxygen. Deep snow and no photosynthesis not only does not produce oxygen, it can kill the plants and then they use up D.O. By their decomposition.

A fertile frozen over pond with no open water covered by several inches of snow or more has a finite amount of days until it's in trouble. Decomposing plants that are not only not producing oxygen but are using it up via decomposition only exasberate the problem.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/23/13 10:50 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.