Liq,

I had the same idea, but I found out that I needed a little more time to finish that project and I do have solar just hanging around. They are the solar panels I used fo the solar powered sprinklers two and three summers ago and they are the same ones I use for the solar powered aerator this summer in Georgetopia. I simply had not taken them down because I was going to use them to power the pump. BUT, I did not have the time to finish up the heater, so I went electric. Here is what I have so far:

I started out okay, but the project grew faster than I expected. The 2x4s are 8 and 12 feet long. And that is 1000 feet of 1/2 inch drip tubing.

Then as you see, I figured out that I was going to need more support structure on the bottom, so I added two more 12 footers on the 2 and 6 foot lines. That worked great!

That is Blue Thunder in the background!

I'll need another day to finish the job and get it into place. I'll also need the strong arms of my son to help me get it into place!! But for now, I need to finish the spindle to unspool the drip tubing "nicely." I also need to get some fasteners to hold the tubing in place once it is on the OSB.

Side note:

Mark, I used the lure you gave me last year and caught this "butterball" It was 17 3/4 inches long and weighed 3lbs 12oz making it around 120 RW!!

I only had a minute or two to wet a hook, but I had to try!!

More on the solar as I get things done!!

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%