Originally Posted By: Bill Cody
CB1 & jludwig say "If the lake association doesn't want to pay for competent management i'd predict disaster with an extension feeding program."

I wholeheartedly agree. Implementing a fish feeding program should not be started unless it is known what the current status is of species and size groups that currently comprise the fish community. This shows which species would benefit best from the feeding program. Good baseline fishery information needs to be known about the fishes present so comparisons can be made to see how well the feeding is helping improve the fishery. The main problem as I see it is the lack of confidence that the HOA has about the benefits a knowledgeable fishery expert can provide.

It would be interesting to know why they have this lack of confidence. Perhaps they had a bad experience with a self proclaimed expert? I've heard of celebrity anglers that think they are experts on bass management just because they can catch them.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 11/21/13 08:30 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.