OK so lets get back to the radiant floor:

So what I have learned from operation is that I use a set temp (air) that is reasonable. In the case of the shops it is 62°f. What Tekmar brings to the table is slab sensing. This allows me to set a max slab temp of say 72°f and a minimum of 64°f. This keeps the floor from getting too cold between cycles or too warm if it gets really cold outside.

In the house I have the rooms all zoned individually. Thermostats are located remotely and have slab and in most cases remote air temp sensors mudded into the drywall. The kitchen is slab only and holds a minimum of 71°f. Master bath swings the floor minimum up to 74°f at 9pm for shower time. The dogs use the sun porch and their floor is set at 62° minimum.

If you set the minimum slab temp at a nice level and set room air temp below what the floor min normally maintains it at the stat will hold the minimum slab temp.

The pic below is my office. As point of reference, the dormers are over 7' wide inside. It shows that the tubing can run whichever direction. If you follow you will see that one loop runs up to the far dormer does a bit of the main floor then returns. The next loop does the middle floor and the third loop does the opposing dormer. It also shows a conduits stubbed out into the floor I placed the remote slab sensor in this conduit and caulked the end shut. It also shows the first layer of sprayed closed cell foam. The entire living space is sealed. There is no vented attic in the house.

Attached Images
IMG_1157 resize.jpg
Last edited by Hesperus; 11/19/13 03:37 PM.