Originally Posted By: ewest
Cecil you make several good points of why some things are banned here. An explanation may help others here understand why the rules are as they are.

Its a family atmosphere lake/land mgt. forum - not much family atmosphere or good mgt in politics.

Your family in Europe may well be able to rationally talk about politics but Europe as a whole does not (see riots in Greece , and others and extreme political violence by groups in many countries there). PB is a large open community with a wide variance on ideas and beliefs on non pond topics not a close nit family interacting face to face. We hope it becomes more family like and don't need wedge issues but rather binding ones. Wedge issues run people off

It is very hard in words to adequately or correctly convey certain emotion or feelings (see you comment "poor attempt at humor") and realize that words can easily be take wrongly or out of context. That can make for misunderstanding. I try very hard to avoid that in my writing but even cognoscente of that my writing above resulted in you misunderstanding my comment about "BS in Politics". The BS in in the way politicians often act not necessarily how "governance" (policy programs) work , although they certainly have issues as well.

Agreed Eric but there's a big difference between civially debating politics and rioting. And things can get out of hand in a country in a big hurry where the populous is told they will have to give up half of their pensions and almost half of the young people are unemployed. Comparing apples to oranges.

My relatives are German btw.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.