And what a let down on the Freak I caught on film...

I showed a couple hunting buddies the videos and we were talking about this buck over the weekend. The next day, one of them texts me a trail cam pic taken a month ago of the buck asking if he looks familiar??? Yeah, like he needed to ask me that...

So I just ask who and where did he get the pic from? He then proceeds to tell me that his buddies dad had the deer escape from his deer farming operation when a tree fell down on the fence. The trail cam pic was from the day after he escaped and they were trying to get him back inside the pen. He actually had several deer escape and all but this one came back to the pen shortly after.

Now get this...his operation is over 10 miles away from me!! So this buck escaped a deer pen, traveled 10 miles and crossed a major river to finally make his home on my place for a couple weeks!!

Now in Michigan, if the deer has been out of the pen for more than 48 hours, you can legally shoot him if you have a legal license. The guy that owned the buck has also said that I can go ahead and shoot him if he presents a shot. I have now reviewed the film a little closer and you can actually tell it has ear tags, but I never would've known...

I'm not going to make a concerted effort to kill him now that I know "the rest of the story", but if I'm hunting and he strolls by, I'll take him considering he is now free range and has been for over a month.

Someone in the neighborhood is gonna get a surprise when they shoot this buck and they find out he has "earrings"...

BTW, he hasn't been on my cameras for the past 5 days now and I have hunted four of those days prior to finding out the rest of the story.

1 Acre Pond with SMB, YP, LMB, GSF, RES, FHM, GSH, Papershell Crayfish, Pike
5.5 Acre Pond with LMB, BG

My Build Thread