Okay, I am back among the connected. First off, I would like to thanks Eric and George for their continued input as I learn about growing the best fish. Both your input means a lot to me. I have set up GTII now called "Moretopia" by the boss, and GT III, "Extratopia" so I have options. IF CB are available I may try my hand at growing some out in Extratopia, but if they aren't, I will find the best of my LMB, either F1s or Floridas and try my hand at spawning them in Extratopia and try to grow the fry out and select the best to go into the public pool. I will of course save the best of the best to remain behind for the following year if possible. But nothing is in stone at this time. Moretopia will be growing FHMs and CNBG to start with. I may change things up as I go, but who knows, it is only the beginning of a long and fun journey. No doubt I'll make more mistakes. We all do, but as long as I learn from them, I'm okay with that.

Mark, no problem!! I enjoyed the discussion!!

Okay, so how did it turn out, well I like the results so far: But first a picture of the back waters of the big pond for Mark and Tony.

The topped trees happened during the storm last month, the same one that caused the whitecaps.

NOW back to the thread!!

Here is Extratopia filling using Allen's improved filler "neck" and the filters Todd recommended. I was happy with the water as it filled. I took the water from the big pond.

Eric, the shelf only has 8-10 inches on it right now, but I plan to raise the water level another foot before adding any LMB.

Here is a picture of Moretopia early in the process of being filled. Again, Allen's modification worked great!!

Finally, I took these pictures early this morning. While I have not finished filling either pond, both have enough water to get started. I'll add more water as needed in time.

This picture was taken while standing on Georgetopia looking south towards the new ponds and down the big pond.

Here is a picture taken from the west of the new ponds, It shows the big pond in the background and how the two new ponds look today.

Next week I plan to add FHM's to both ponds to get them started. I'll add some Georgetopia water to add a starter amount of Phytoplankton and Zooplankton as well.

As always, I would love to hear any thoughts.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%