Back ground is I have a 1 acre pond, West Central Ohio, bottom diffuser, pond is 6-7 years old, all contained watershed, no inlets or any other nutrients, pond is 8-10 ft at summer depths, clay bottom and I feed every 3 days ( PGFC)

About 7 weeks ago we hit one of our hottest dry spells and on the very hottest day, I had 3 adult HSB die, all between 19-21" ( this is my oldest year class of hsb) I also have 14-16" and also this years at about 7-8"

Over the next 10 days even though the water temps rebounded from 83 back to high 70's, I lost 3 more adults and noticed that two of them had sores on there sides but I wasn't sure if that what caused them problems or if it happened afte the death.

Jump forward to last night as my buddy caught several of the HSB and the 2 smaller year classes were fine but both bigger fish he kept along with a bigger bluegill all had sores on there sides, see pic below....

so can anyone tell me what or how to treat?? I certainly do not want to restart.... all catfish and YP and BC are fine from what I have seen.

Another clue is this year in the pond, I had some American Pondweed show up, not in big numbers but it was new this year ( Damn those Herons...)
Salmonid

Have fish..Will Travel
Mark Blauvelt - Dayton Ohio
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
.75 acre pond, HSB,YP,CC,BC,BCF,BG,HBG,RES