Originally Posted By: ewest

George , Brian and I talked about growing out his own LMB from a few adults he should get from Todd. Spawn his own yoy and grow them out. Watch them as the yoy numbers decline from the spawn # of appx 50,000 to a few hundred. When he gets them to about 8 inches then seine and select the 50 best and put them in GT I to feast on its inhabitants for several mths. Then seine them and the remaining GT I forage out and place all of them in the big lake after habituation. Should be quite a ride!

BTW nice shot !

Originally Posted By: ewest
George I was only addressing the growout pond not the lake culling program. I think Brian has full control of that aspect. I am not even sure where it stands. I just know Brian wanted to grow out some better genetic LMB for the lake.

Eric, I am confused what you mean by “I just know Brian wanted to grow out some better genetic LMB for the lake.”
Brian already has the very best genetics from the very best sources in this part of the country, with pure Florida LMB and CNBG introduced into his lake and brood pond this past year.

What kind of improvements are you addressing?
The only improvements in Florida LMB that have been made are the Camelot Bell LMB strain – fast growth, catchability and confirmation. I have personally documented these traits in my pond.

I have had the honor and unique opportunity to accompany Brian of his journey from the beginning of our relationship and considered a “mentor” in avoiding mistakes made that I have experienced.

As you know, the only information that I make public on the forum is experienced based.
Brian confides with me in a personal and private manner, which I respect and will not post on the forum.

Brian has done a fantastic job with his resources, which I recognize potential for a world-class fishery.
I have been honored to participate in his adventure.
George

Last edited by george1; 10/23/13 07:37 AM.

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)