The Matala dual 9" diffuser recommends 2.8 to 8.4 cfm (1.4-4.2 per 9" diffuser head. If I figured right on the pump output, at the 8.5' depth I should have about 3cfm which is on the low end of the range.

I'm actually not using this pump but a Pondmaster 100. They do not provide a performance graph but the specs they do supply seem to match up pretty well with the Hakko.

I could have went with the single diffuser but thought the double would provide smaller bubbles and move more water for the air flow. I can change it to a single easily if needed but it seems to be doing fine. On a calm day I can pedal up to the diffuser on our Paddle King paddle pontoon boat and the current quickly pushes the boat away. Seems to be moving quite a bit of water.

Eventually will probably want three diffusers in the 3.5 acre kidney shaped pond with a bigger pump (or multiple small ones) but I wanted to get something this fall to try out to see if it was something I wanted to pursue further. I ran 3/4 100' then 50' of 5/8 sinking.

Pressure gage is good idea. 15 psi on the way here. When I get it will do a little playing as I have time and see what the results are.

This pond started out as a casual remark to wife that a small pond behind the house we could look out over from our kitchen and patio would be nice. What did she think?. Her remark was something on the order of "when are you going to start, how big will it be and when will it be finished". I thought about 3/4 to 1 acre would be nice. "Not near big enough. Bigger. Much bigger". She is always right. LOL

What started out to be a little farm pond has taken on a life of its own. We are enjoying it though, so I guess that is what matters.

snrub

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine