Eric, I believe I can defend weights and numbers as followed:

I think we took out between 1000 and 2000 fish this time, and I would estimate the weight removed from Georgetopia and put in the public pool to be close to 35 pounds this time.

I figured this two ways. One, the weight of the fish in each dip net as we cleaned the seine; And two, the pictures we took. The seine passes had about a 25 inch, a just under 30 inch and an over 32 inch ball of fish as we pulled the seine out of the water. A fish count went like this. "Holly crap that's a lot of fish." Then I would count an area and do a little multiplication work and when I figured we were over 1000 fish and I was happy and stopped counting. That happened before we finished with the second pass.

We ended up putting something less than eight pounds of the best of the best CNBG back into Georgetopia as next years brood stock. I also added back five to eight pounds of Tilapia to see if I can over winter them in Georgetopia with a little help from a solar water heater. The water heater will get installed next week. I have all the parts now so this should come together pretty fast. I should be able to gauge the delta T from input to output with a simple thermometer. knowing the rise in temperature and knowing the flow rate should make this simple math to see if I can add enough heat to make a difference.

All in all, we seined Georgetopia three times this summer. I would estimate in total we took out something under 100 pounds of fish which we put into the big pond. Georgetopia started as an after thought, but I am glad we did it. I like the control it affords us and I like the fact that we can select what we would like to put into it as we go. Georgetopia's future looks bright!!

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%