Okay, it's Saturday!! We got to get out to the farm and see how Georgetopia did this year. It started out as a fun day. I brought my son and picked up george on the way out to the farm. Santa Allen caught up to us just a few minutes after things were set up.

Allen and my son got started setting up the seine. George was in charge of photography, so you know how this is going to go!!

Next Santa and I got ready to get going. The seine is 55 feet long and eight feet tall.

During the first seining, we caught a bunch of fish including these fish.

We figured we had pulled the seine way to fast on the first pull, so we decided to try it again and slow down. We found that slower was much better.

All in all, we pulled the seine three times, each time we pulled slower than the previous time and we got better results each time.

After all three pulls, we sorted all of the CNBG's saved to select the best ones to be returned to Georgetopia. George got to toss back the first fish!!

I was second fiddle for the repatriation of Georgetopia.....

I also saved some of the tilapia to also be set free in Georgetopia for the winter. I am going to try to add a solar powered water heater to Georgetopia in an attempt to overwinter some tilapia in georgetopia.

All in all, Santa, George and I had a great day out on our farm. While my son did most of the work, we took most of the credit!!

I'll post more after the solar powered heater is installed and I'll post how well it is working.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%