Hard to believe that I am closing the 4th year of pond building. Lets just say that I am a more knowledgable about ponds, pond building and fish than I was 4 years ago. I was not ready to jump into the pond ownership 4 years ago. Too many mistakes cost too much extra money and time, however, after 4 years and being where I am now, I don't think I would change a single thing. I hope my wife still feels that way about me?!?

When I get a bit depressed, it feels good to stop and count the blessing as I walk down memory lane.

Here is the land or cornfield as it was when we bought it.

CORNFIELD

STARTING YEAR 1 CONSTRUCTION

ENDING YEAR 1

ENDING YEAR 2

ENDING YEAR 3

ENDING YEAR 4

ADDING THE LAST FISHING PIER TO THE PERCH POND
[img]http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab108/kurped/PA020011_zps0ce7e962.jpg[/img]

Not bad for a guy who had never used tools before. The past years have seen this idiot driving skidloaders, bulldozers, backhoes, 32,000LB flat shell and sheepfoot rollers along with trying to build things like birdhouses, piers, shed and deck.

The swimming hole is now the perch pond or at least it will be in the spring. The frog ponds will be converted to the swimming hole. They have a built in 0 slope entry which will be great for kids.

Big pond to stay dry until I land a full-time job and can save a little money but it is still nice to fish the 1.25 acre pond especially now that the smallmouth and walleye are biting.

Just a few more projects this year and then the winter to plan the attack for next year. Thanks to so many for help, insight and assistance. Being a pondmiester is not easy, cheap or even reasonable, but it sure can be fun!!!

Last edited by kurt; 10/04/13 04:17 PM.

13 acres,
5 ponds 1 still working
FHM, Shiners, CC, SMB, WE, Yellow Perch
living the dream

Can't have everything...where would you put it?