Hi all,

Menards currently has a sale on a Forest King 22T log splitter (made in China frown ), normally $999 on sale for $899 with a $200 rebate bringing it to $699.

It will be mainly be light-duty splitting Ash, Cottonwood (for outdoor FP), Locust and some Walnut. Nothing too big (only the occasional) and prefer to split on the job opposed to saving up the logs and splitting all at once, so likely no more than a couple hours at a time.

I've read the reviews, pros and cons but wondered if anyone had or heard of any experience with this unit.

As a guy who's pretty adamant on quality first, it's pretty tough to pass up at this price, but on the same hand I don't want to throw my money away on junk.

Also, as I was expecting to pay $1,000 - $1,300 and wanted at least a 22T unit, I am also open to suggestions on what you might deem a good-for-the-money splitter. But $700 is awful tempting!

Thanks!

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 10/02/13 12:18 PM. Reason: question to suggestion on Subject line

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES